Two years ago today, the City of Lafayette Parks and Recreation Board approved the transfer of the stadium use agreement for Loeb Stadium from Milwaukee based Lafayette Ventures to locally based Lafayette Family Entertainment (LFE).
In the last two years, the Aviators have accomplished many milestones playing at the old Loeb Stadium including –
- Setting a franchise attendance record in 2019
- Expansion of full-time and part-time personnel
- Participation with more than 100+ non-profits and community organizations in the Greater Lafayette Region
- Contribution of more than $30,000 to local charities and non-profits
- Supporting local restaurants by offering numerous food and beverage products at Loeb
- Operation of concessions for the successor to the Colt World Series with all profits donated to the organizers
- Rosters featuring local players with more than 30% of players from the state of Indiana
LFE consists of local residents, three Purdue alumni and experienced operators of minor league and summer college baseball teams. To acquire and operate the Aviators these past two seasons, LFE has invested nearly $1 million to lay the foundation for providing the community with an exceptional entertainment experience in the new Loeb Stadium.
The City of Lafayette distributed an RFP on February 10, 2020 requesting teams and operators for the new Loeb Stadium. Lafayette Family Entertainment responded to the RFP by offering the City of Lafayette an income sharing proposal guaranteeing the City a share of all baseball proceeds in addition to a guaranteed minimum payment.
To expand the use of the new stadium, LFE would also bring a soccer franchise to Lafayette featuring more than 20 league games, tournaments, friendlies and exhibitions.
ABOUT THE LAFAYETTE AVIATORS
The Lafayette Aviators are a summer collegiate baseball team, playing in the Prospect League: a top summer collegiate baseball league operating with twelve teams from Missouri to West Virginia. The Aviators are playing their 2020 season at Purdue University’s Alexander Field, while construction is completed on a new stadium on the site of the original Loeb Stadium which hosted the Aviators from 2016 through 2019. The Aviators are working towards a mutually beneficial lease agreement with the City of Lafayette for play at the new Loeb Stadium beginning with the 2021 season.